Voter Information

Public Notice - Vote by Mail Information and Video

Vote By Mail Informational Letter from County Clerk 2018
Vote By Mail Informational Letter from County Clerk 2018
Vote By Mail Informational Video from County Clerk 2018


Hamilton citizens not only have rights, but also have the responsibility to participate in the system that, in turn, protects their rights, formulates their laws and administers programs for the public good. All Hamilton residents are encouraged to take part in this important process.

Voter Eligibility
You may register to vote if you are a native born or naturalized citizen who is:

  • 18 years of age by election day
  • a resident of Mercer County at least 30 days before an election
  • not serving a sentence or are on parole or probation for an indictable offense under state or federal law
  • not denied the right to vote due to court adjudication of mental incompetence

When should I register?
You may register to vote at any time, however the registration deadline to vote at the next election is 21 days prior to election day.

How Do I Register?
You can register to vote by completing a registration application. This form is available from the Hamilton Township Clerk's Office.

For your convenience, we have made the voter registration application available online. Please note that this cannot be filed electronically - after entering the information, you must print the completed form. Instructions for completing the form are provided on the first page of the application.

If you choose to register by mail, the application must be returned to the Mercer County Superintendent of Elections, 640 S. Broad Street, P.O. Box 8068, Trenton, New Jersey 08650-9828. Please note that if you are a first-time registrant and have never voted in a federal election in Mercer County, you MUST provide either your driver's license number, the last four digits of your Social Security number or a copy of a listed document (see application for instructions) that shows your name and address.

What if I have changed my address or name?
Any voter who moves from one county to another, must register in his/her new county. Any person who changes his/her name by marriage, divorce or judgement of a court must notify the Mercer County Board of Elections via the below form.

What if I want to change my party affiliation?
Any voter wishing to change his/her party affiliation should complete the Application to Register to make this change.

Still Have Questions?
Please contact our office at (609) 890-3622.  

Listing files in 'Election Services'

Additional Links