Pet Pics Wanted
Hamilton is Looking for Pictures of Residents’ Pets for Annual Township Calendar ‘Photo Contest’
Click Here to Access Contest Application
Hamiltonians love their pets; and as part of its annual Calendar Photo Contest, Hamilton Township is looking for pictures of residents’ pets.
Mayor Kelly Yaede and Township officials are asking residents to submit a photograph of their pets enjoying life in Hamilton – and is specifically looking for pet photographs that would fit in specific months or seasons of the year.
“Hamiltonians love their pets – myself included,” says Mayor Kelly Yaede, who has a golden retriever. “Through this year’s theme, we are looking forward to featuring our residents’ pets enjoying the seasons in our community.”
And if residents do not currently own a pet but would like to participate, Hamilton’s Mayor reminds them that Hamilton’s Animal Shelter has many adoptable pets looking for loving families. Residents can visit HamiltonNJ.com/AnimalShelter to find out more about animal adoptions or visit the shelter, which is located at 2100 Sylvan Avenue directly behind the Hamilton Public Works Department’s Main Office (open Mondays – Thursdays from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., Fridays from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.).
Residents are asked to submit electronic pictures meeting the following contest requirements:
- 1 Picture Limit per household – each year, Township officials attempt to feature at least one picture from each participant, while prominently featuring the selection committee’s favorite photographs in the calendar. Due to the anticipated high volume of submissions, Hamilton Township is asking thathouseholds submit only one (1) photograph. ***If the volume of submissions makes it unfeasible to feature every picture in this year’s calendar, Township officials will investigate a way to feature the photographs that do not appear in the calendar in another manner or venue.
- Feature residents’ pets – with a preference for photographs that could fit specific seasons or months of the year.
- Quality Picture Resolution – Please make sure your submission meets the quality standards of at least 300 DPI (dots per inch) or minimum dimensions of 3000 x 2400 pixels, as poor resolution may result in our inability to feature your photograph.
- Remember to Sign Contest Disclaimer Form – We thank residents for signing and returning the form, available online - Click Here
- Submitters must verify and confirm that all individuals, pets and/or private property featured in pictures have provided their or their rightful owner’s full consent to be included in the 2018 Hamilton Township Calendar (or if not selected, possibly featured in another venue along with submissions not selected for inclusion within the 2018 Township Calendar).
Photographs must be submitted electronically (via E-mail attachment) to DDeGregory@HamiltonNJ.com no later than Friday, October 6, 2017.
Each year, advertisements from private businesses help to continue the Hamilton Township Municipal Government Calendar, which is delivered to homes and businesses across the community.
Interested businesses can learn more about these advertising opportunities by visiting HamiltonNJ.com/CalendarAds