This is handled through the State of NJ. See more information on the NJ State Tax Freeze Program.
If you have questions concerning the Property Tax Reimbursement(PTR)Program:
- To ask questions: call 800-882-6597
- To check the status of a filed application: call 800-882-6597
- To listen to information or to order an application: call 800-323-4400
- Text Telephone Service (TTY/TDD) for Hard-of-Hearing Users: 800-286-6613 or 609-984-7300.
- Email the State with general tax questions
Agents are available during normal business hours from 8:30 am until 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, to answer questions or to assist senior and disabled homeowners in filing their reimbursement applications.
For assistance with completing the PTR form and verification that taxes are paid up to date, visit the Tax Collector's Office, Room 207, 2090 Greenwood Avenue, Hamilton, NJ 08609.