2023 Online Dog License Application
Please note: Dog licenses for Hamilton Township residents will be issued by the Division of Health's Animal Shelter located at 2100 Sylvan Avenue. For more information, please call the Hamilton Township Animal Shelter at 609-890-3555.
2023 Dog License Applications are due by February 28 at 4 pm; late fees start March 1.
- $18 - Spayed or Neutered
- $21- Non-Spayed or Neutered
Senior Citizen Fees (Age 65 and over - proof of age / ID required):
- $2 - Spayed or Neutered
- $5 - Non-Spayed or Neutered
When applying for a Dog License, you will need:
- Proof of current rabies vaccine must not expire prior to November 1 of the current licensing year. If it does expire before November 1st, your dog will need a vaccine prior to issuing a license for the current year.
- See the 2023 Rabies Clinic Schedule.
- Proof if dog is neutered or spayed
- ID if requesting senior discount
- Payment - cash, check, money order, and major credit cards are accepted
Online license applications are strongly encouraged. Click here to apply or renew your dog license.
Late fees begin March 1 and is an additional $5 each month.
Please note that these licenses are for residents of Hamilton Township, Mercer County. Residents of Atlantic County should go through the Township of Hamilton, Atlantic County website.
We encourage all residents to use the online portal after January 1, 2023. (Link to portal will be made available after January 1, 2023.) If you are unable to use the preferred online portal and need a paper form, you may download the 2023 Dog License Form (PDF) and mail the completed form or drop it off at the shelter with your payment and required documents.
See important information for animal owners on updates to NJ's Animal Cruelty Laws.