To license your dog, go to the 2022 Online Dog License Application.
The support staff at the animal shelter is working hard to process all of the dog licenses we have been receiving and we appreciate your patience while we navigate this new online system.
If you have already:
- Mailed in your license application or deposited it in our dropbox, we are going through the mail as quickly as possible. Each license received through the mail must be entered as a new record, and this takes more time. As long as we have received your license application, we will process it and you will not be charged a late fee as long as it is postmarked by February 28th.
- Completed the online application, we are working to review these entries on a daily basis. The online payment option is not yet functional, so once we review and request payment, you will receive an automated email asking you to call the shelter to provide credit card information or mail in a check. You may also stop in to the shelter to pay if you would prefer. All entries/applications are time-stamped and you will not be charged a late fee as long as you have submitted your application before the March 1st deadline.
Thank you again for your patience as we work to process the dog license applications. Specific questions may be addressed by calling 609-890-3555.
Please note: Dog licenses for Hamilton Township residents will be issued by the Division of Health's Animal Shelter located at 2100 Sylvan Avenue. For more information, please call the Hamilton Township Animal Shelter at 609-890-3555.
2022 Dog License Applications are due by February 28 at 4 pm; late fees start March 1.
- $18 - Spayed or Neutered
- $21- Non-Spayed or Neutered
Senior Citizen Fees (Age 65 and over - proof of age / ID required):
- $2 - Spayed or Neutered
- $5 - Non-Spayed or Neutered
When applying for a Dog License, you will need:
- Proof of current rabies vaccine must not expire prior to November 1 of the current licensing year. If it does expire before November 1st, your dog will need a vaccine prior to issuing a license for the current year.
- See the 2022 Rabies Clinic Schedule.
- Proof if dog is neutered or spayed
- ID if requesting senior discount
- Payment - cash, check, money order, and major credit cards are accepted
2022 Dog License Applications are available online. Online license applications are strongly encouraged.
Late fees begin March 1 and is an additional $5 each month.
Please note that these licenses are for residents of Hamilton Township, Mercer County. Residents of Atlantic County should go through the Township of Hamilton, Atlantic County website.
We encourage all residents to use the online portal to license their dog(s). If you are unable to use the preferred online portal and need a paper form, you may download the 2022 Dog License Form (PDF) and mail the completed form or drop it off at the shelter with your payment and required documents.