Internal Affairs Complaints

All complaints of officer misconduct shall be accepted from all persons who wish to file a complaint regardless of the hour or day of the week. This includes reports from anonymous sources, juveniles, and persons under arrest or in custody. Internal Affairs personnel, if available, accept complaints. If Internal Affairs personnel are not available, supervisory personnel accept reports of officer misconduct, and if no supervisory personnel are available, complaints can be accepted by any law enforcement officer. A complainant will not be told to return at a later time to file a report.

Internal Affairs complaints are accepted in the following manner:

  • In person, Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at the Internal Affairs office located at Police Headquarters or to any supervisor 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
  • Call the Internal Affairs office at 609-581-4098 to speak to an Internal Affairs representative Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, or leave a message after normal business hours. You will receive a return call during normal business hours from a representative of the Internal Affairs office.
  • Call the shift supervisor at 609-581-4000 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
  • Write a letter to the Chief of Police or the Internal Affairs Unit.
  • The Citizen Complaint Forms below are fillable PDFs that can be emailed directly to Internal Affairs at InternalAffairsUnit@HamiltonPDNJ.Gov 

Please include as much of the following information as possible:

  • Date, time, and location of incident.
  • Name(s) and badge number(s) of officers involved.
  • Names, addresses and telephone numbers of any witnesses
  • Brief description and circumstances of the incident.

Citizen Complaint Forms:

Citizen Complaint Form - English

Citizen Complain Form - Spanish

Citizen Complaint Form - Arabic

Citizen Complaint Form - Chinese

Citizen Complaint Form - Haitian

Citizen Complaint Form - Hindi

Citizen Complaint Form - Korean

Citizen Complaint Form - Polish

Citizen Complaint Form - Portuguese

Citizen Complaint Form - Tagalog

Citizen Complaint Form - Vietnamese