- Township Council
The Township Council is the legislative body of Hamilton Township.
Hamilton's Mayor-Council form of government calls for the at-large election of five Township Council members, who at its annual organization meeting, elect a president and vice-president to serve for a one-year term each.
The Council represents the public and develops and adopts policies, addresses public issues, formulate township policy through motions, resolutions and ordinances which reflect the needs of the public, and maintains a working knowledge of intergovernmental issues and how they will affect Hamilton Township.
Please see the Rules of Conduct (PDF) for all In-Person and/or Hybrid Meetings.
View and download the Permission to Photograph, Broadcast, or Electronically Record on Township Property Request Form (PDF).
Please refer to the Township Council calendar for all meeting locations/platforms until further notice.
An agenda for each meeting will be posted on the website prior to the public meeting. Notice of meeting changes (date/time) or additional special meetings will also be posted on this website and listed in Hamilton's official newspapers, the Trenton Times and Trentonian.
Council meetings are open to the public and all are welcome to attend. Members of the public are invited to speak on any agenda matter prior to its adoption by the governing body. Members of the public are invited to speak during the "Public Comment" portion of the meeting.
If you would like to address the Township Council on any matter not listed on the agenda, you will be given two opportunities to relay your thoughts and comments. The first opportunity limits comments from the members of the public to four minutes. After all speakers have spoken for the first time, you may return for a second time to speak and will be limited to two minutes. Constructive comments and a respectful tone create an appropriate decision-making environment for our citizens. Shouting, unruly behavior, abusive or offensive remarks will not be tolerated and will be cause for removal from the meeting. The Rules of Order are posted at the doors of the Council Chambers for review and adherence.
2023 Meeting Schedule
- January 3 - Municipal Building
- January 17 - Municipal Building
- February 7 - Municipal Building
- February 21 - Municipal Building
- March 7 - Municipal Building
- March 21 - Municipal Building
- April 4 - Municipal Building
- April 18 - Municipal Building
- April 19 - Municipal Building
- May 2 - Municipal Building
- May 16 - Municipal Building
- June 20 - Municipal Building
- July 18 - Municipal Building
- August 15 - Municipal Building
- September 19 - Municipal Building
- October 3 - Municipal Building
- October 17 - Municipal Building
- November 14 - Municipal Building
- December 5 - Municipal Building
- December 19 - Municipal Building
Township Council meeting agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Charles F. WhalenCouncil President
Anthony CarabelliCouncil Vice President
Pasquale "Pat" PaperoCouncilman