What animal control issues require that I contact Animal Control immediately?

Animal Control's phone number is 890-3550/3555. Animal Control should be directly contacted on the following issues during business hours to see if a response is needed:

  • Animal Cruelty (Investigated jointly with Hamilton Police) 
  • Animals Attacking a Person or Animals
  • Canines in Schools or Playgrounds
  • Canines Running Loose
  • Canines in Traffic (Local Roads or Interstate Highways)
  • Bats in Resident's House
  • Wildlife in a Resident's House
  • Possible Rabid Animals
  • Injured and/or Sick Domestic Animals
    • To report sick, injured, dead wildlife call the New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife toll free at 877-WARN-DEP (877-927-6337).

If you are calling to report an emergency situation involving an animal and the shelter is closed (after hours, weekends or holidays), contact the Police department at 581-4000 and they may dispatch an Animal Control Officer.

Show All Answers

1. Are there any low cost spay/neuter clinics for cats and dogs?
2. Can you provide me with the name and contact information for Rescue Groups?
3. Does Hamilton Township offer presentations to schools and community organizations on animal issues?
4. How do I report a lost/found animal?
5. If a citizen needs to find a home for a pet, will Animal Control pick it up?
6. Is there a leash law?
7. What animal control issues require that I contact Animal Control immediately?
8. What can be done if a neighbor's pet is loose and creating a nuisance?
9. What is the law regarding animals creating a noise nuisance, such as excessive barking?
10. What happens if I need animal control service after hours Monday through Friday, week-ends or holidays?
11. What should I do if I see an injured, sick or expired animal?
12. Are chickens allowed in Hamilton?
13. Are dogs permitted on the grounds of Sayen and Grafton House?