Does the Mayor perform Marriage/Civil Union Ceremonies?

The Mayor does perform marriage/civil union ceremonies on Fridays. Please contact the Call Center at 906-586-0311 and we will check with the Mayor's secretary to see if the date is available.

Also, Hamilton has a Judge who performs ceremonies at the Hamilton Court House on Monday, Thursday and Friday.  You must contact the courts by e-mailing to request a date.  Someone from the courts will get back to you so please provide all contact information.

Mercer County Clerk Paula Sollami Covello performs civil wedding ceremonies. For more information, visit the Mercer County Clerk's webpage or call 609-989-6465.

Show All Answers

1. Can someone other than the couple pick up the marriage license when it is ready?
2. Do I have to register with the Health Department before performing a wedding in Hamilton?
3. Does the Mayor perform Marriage/Civil Union Ceremonies?
4. How do I obtain a Marriage/Civil Union License?
5. How long is a marriage license good for?
6. I am applying for a marriage license and cannot find my birth certificate; what document can I use as a substitute?
7. I was born in a different country, do I need to have my birth certificate translated?
8. In what municipality/state do I apply for a marriage license?
9. What documents do I need if this is not the first marriage for either the bride or groom?
10. When can I pick up my Marriage Certificate?
11. Where do I apply for a license if I live in Hamilton but am getting married in a different municipality/state?