The Hamilton Township Division of Health offers rabies immunizations for residents' dogs and cats as a courtesy and is free of charge.
- All (human) attendees no longer need to wear a mask, but are advised to stay home if sick or not feeling well.
- One human per animal.
- Cats and dogs must be at least 3 months of age to be vaccinated.
- Dogs must be on a leash (no longer than 6 feet).
- Cats must be in a carrier for their safety (one cat per carrier).
- You must bring proof of any prior rabies shot to receive a 3-year certificate; without proof, a 1-year certificate will be issued.
- NJ State Department of Health's Policy states no dog license can be issued if their rabies immunization expires before November 1, 2024.
Rabies Vaccination Clinics Location & Times
The clinics are held at the Hamilton Township McManimon Building, located at 320 Scully Avenue (just off of Olden Avenue, between Liberty Street and Cedar Lane, opposite the Olden Pharmacy).
In order to better serve you, Free Rabies Clinics are currently by appointment only.
Please click on the date below to schedule your appointment online or call 609-890-3555.
2023 Rabies Vaccination Clinic Schedule
- Saturday, January 13, 2024 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Saturday, February 10, 2024 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Saturday, March 23, 2024 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Saturday, April 13, 2024 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Tuesday, November 12, 2024 from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
As a reminder, all dogs living in Hamilton must be licensed:
- Spayed/neutered: $18
- Non-spayed/non-neutered: $21
- Senior Citizen Fees:
- Senior Citizen fee for spayed/neutered: $2
- Senior Citizen fee for non-spayed/non-neutered: $5
- Proof of age/ID is required for Senior Citizen fees.
Your annual dog license supports Hamilton's free Rabies clinics.
2024 Dog Licenses will not be issued if a pet's rabies immunization expires before November 1, 2024.
2024 Dog License Applications are due by February 29, 2024.
LATE FEES BEGIN MARCH 1st AND IS AN ADDITIONAL $5 EACH MONTH.