Hamilton is working to help you save money on your flood insurance. Beginning in October of 2018, residents in Special Flood Hazard Areas will be able to save 15% on their insurance premiums thanks to Hamilton's efforts.
Discounts are automatically applied by a resident's insurance company; and no action is required by a resident. However residents can always check with their flood insurance provider to make sure that they are receiving the discount.
Other residents in areas with minimal risk for flood (provided they do not have a Preferred Risk Policy (PRP) - or a Minimum Risk Policy (MRP); ones located in areas below base flood elevation) may be eligible to save 5% on their premiums thanks to Hamilton's efforts.
Working with the Community Rating System (CRS), which encourages floodplain management activities, Hamilton efforts - such as detention basin management, promoting flood mitigation information and educational efforts - give residents the ability to save on their flood insurance. In fact, Hamilton is the only town in Mercer County that currently qualifies for residents to save.
We will be adding more information and documents to this website in the very near future.
- Above the Flood - Elevating Your Floodprone House - FEMA-347 (PDF)
- Answer to Questions About Substantially Damaged Buildings (PDF)
- Answers to Questions About the NFIP - FEMA F-084 (PDF)
- Coastal Construction Manual (PDF)
- Considerations for Rebuilding Your Flooded Home (PDF)
- Design Guidelines for Flood Damage Reduction (PDF)
- Elevated Residential Structures (PDF)
- FEMA P-259, Engineering Principles and Practices of Retrofitting Floodprone Residential Structures, Third Edition (2012) (PDF)
- Guide to Flood Maps (PDF)
- Homeowners Guide to Retrofitting (PDF)
- How to Prepare for a Flood (PDF)
- Mitigation of Flood and Erosion Damage to Residential Buildings in Coastal Areas - FEMA-257 (PDF)
- Protecting Building Utilities From Flood Damage Flyer FEMA P348 Flyer 508 (PDF)
- Protecting Building Utility Systems From Flood Damage FEMA P-348 508 (PDF)
- Protecting Floodplain Resources FEMA-268 (PDF)
- Protecting Manufactured Homes From Floods and Other Hazards - FEMA P-85 (PDF)
- Publications Credited LIB for CRS (DOCX)
- Reducing Damage from Localized Flooding FEMA-511 - Complete (PDF)
- Reducing Losses in High Risk Flood Hazard Areas (PDF)
- Repairing Flooded Home Spanish (PDF)
- US Army Corps Flood Proofing Regulations (1) (PDF)
- US Army Corps Flood Proofing Regulations (PDF)