Bingo & Raffle
March 13, 2020 - If your organization is canceling or postponing a bingo or raffle event due to COVID-19, please be advised that an amendment form is required in order to effectuate the change. Contact the Municipal Clerk's Office at 609-890-3620 to obtain the necessary form and instructions on how process your amendment.
Applying for a bingo or raffle license involves three basic steps:
- Registration with the State of New Jersey as a "Qualified" organization
- Municipal approval of the event(s)
- State review of the municipally approved application
Any organization wishing to apply for a municipal license to conduct a bingo or raffle, must first register with, and obtain an identification number from New Jersey Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission (LGCCC). In order to register, the organization must submit a completed application accompanied by a non-refundable registration fee of $100. Senior citizen clubs and organizations are exempt from the registration fee. The registration is good for two years and is renewable every two years thereafter for a fee of $100. Once an organization receives the registration identification number from LGCCC, it may apply for a license from the Hamilton Township Clerk.
Any application must be processed and approved by the Hamilton Township Clerk's Office which can take up to 5 business days before being forwarded to the NJ LGCCC for a mandatory 15 business day review. Please note that an application for an off-premise raffle must include 2 sample tickets with the application. No tickets may be printed or sold until the LGCCC 15 business day review period has expired.
As allowed by law, Hamilton Township's fee schedule is identical to that of the LGCCC's. Therefore, when your organization submits its application for a bingo or raffle license to the Municipal Clerk, it must be accompanied by two separate checks - one payable to the Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission (LGCCC) and one payable to the Township of Hamilton - both checks should be for the same amount. The fees are:
On-Premise Raffle (Tickets Sold the Date of the Drawing)
- Cash Prize (Less than $400) - No Fee
- Cash Prize (Greater than $400) - $20 per occasion
Off-Premise Raffle (Tickets Sold in Advance of the Drawing)
- Cash (50/50) - $20
- In the event the cash prize exceeds $1,000, then an additional fee will be required which will be based upon the Report of Operations as submitted to LGCCC
- Merchandise - $20 per $1,000 retail prize value
Other Types Of Raffles
- Non-Draw Raffle - $20 for each wheel or game held on any one day, or any series of consecutive days not exceeding six at one location (carnival games or wheels)
- Instant Raffle Ticket - $20 per day or $750 for a one-year license.
- Golf Hole-in-One Contest - $20 per $1,000 retail prize value
- Casino Night - $100 per occasion
- Armchair Race - $50 per day
- $20 per game not to exceed 72 games per year
Questions? Need More Info?
Contact the Municipal Clerk's Office at 609-890-3622 or by email.
Review of the rules and regulations that govern bingos and raffles can be viewed at the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs website.
For your convenience, we have made the application forms available for download from our website. All of the forms can be completed by way of your keyboard and then printed. This is not the same as electronic filing and it is not possible to electronically submit the form to our office - you must print the form after entering the information, sign in original ink and return to this office.
- Application for Registration (PDF)
- Complete Instruction Packet for Bingo and Raffles
- Raffle Application (PDF)
- Application for Bingo License (PDF)
- Application for Bi-Annual Senior Bingo (PDF)
- Checklist (PDF)
- Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Initial Affidavit and Application for Senior Citizen Club (PDF)
- Printers Certificate Form (PDF)
- Prohibited Prizes (PDF)